Thursday, October 2, 2014

Joanne and Vernon - Mass media experiences

Hey all,
this blog will serve to relay what I learn through interviewing Joanne and Vernon, a couple with whom I attend Rehoboth Baptist Church here in Kirksville. The project involves talking to someone (or multiple someones) born before 1940 - Joanne was born in 1935, as was Vernon, I believe. Our first meeting is this Saturday and I will ask them about their experiences with sound recording (probably vinyl records), radio, and possibly television if time allows. My maternal grandparents were born in 1929, but due to their hearing problems I felt long phone interviews could be unpleasant or impractical for them. However, since they spent the first 20 or so years of their marriage as missionaries in India, I would still like to get a brief idea of mass media in their life during that time, for comparison to Joanne and Vernon's life in the states.
Another post to come this weekend,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment